Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the making...

Today, Jan 20th, Barack Obama was sworn in as our 44th President. He is the first african american to ever become president. Although I was at work during the inaguration, I heard his speech was great and the whole thing went very well. I was a little worried that some southern white citizen may do something STUPID during the ceremony, but I'm sooo relieved and happy to hear that it didn't. Although I'm republican and didn't vote for Obama, I'm proud to say that he's our president and will give him a shot at the presidency. (Like I have a choice) ;) Sometimes change is good and since sooo many folks resent George W. Bush I guess its time we let someone else take charge- regardless of color. I have a feeling that a woman will become president in my lifetime as well. I just wanted to capture this moment because of the historical meaning.

AND.. another moment- today is my 6th year anniversary that I've been working for the Boeing Company :) Yea me!!! I'm currently a level 3, Staff Analyst, working for our SBInet program (border control). I am in charge of making sure the "little" things are taken care of. Meetings, charts, action items, risks are being worked, travel, badging, facilities work, the list goes on.. I'm pretty much here to make my team look good and keep them in "GREEN" status.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, I am certaily glald that you are open minded enough to give Obama a chance to succeed. That's more than a lot of people! Congrat's on your Boeing annivrsary. You've really done well.