Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just call us J LO...


No, not because of our big ole butts ;)hehe. My girlfriend/co-worker and I are taking online classes to become Professional Bridal Consultants (aka Wedding Planners). No its not a scheme to meet Matthew McConaughey, although I wouldn't mind meeting him, he's so freaking hot! Anyways, we have been talking about possibly one day opening our own wedding planning biz so we are both taking the class and WHEN we pass we will get a career diploma from Penn Foster. Boeing is even paying for it- what a cool place :) Saved us $800/each. I already attained my masters on Boeing's dime a few years back and in return they are giving me 100 shares of stock in Oct for doing so :) Can't lose on that deal!
Anyways, Randi and I are going strong on this! She is way ahead of me on the classes, I've slacked, but I'm trying hard to catch up. They let you do it at your own pace, so its very convenient. Penn Foster sends you the study guides to start and as you take online tests, they send you the next round of work. Randi has assisted a few brides with their weddings, free of charge, to gain experience. She really believes this is something she could pursue. She even got a call back for an interview for a wedding coordinator's assistant. She is SUPER excited and I truly believe she will get it. Its only part time so she can still work at Boeing and pursue this on the side. After we finish the class, we are going to take the test to become a member of the ABC (Association of bridal consultants). Wish us luck :) Soon we'll have to order our headsets and feed a cute toast to the best man via ear monitor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Kell. Had no idea you were doing this! You'll be great at anything you do! Don't forget you have a friend with a flare for the party business :) Love you little sis.