Friday, February 15, 2008

What a great Valentine's Day....

I came home to a dozen roses and two balloons on the counter and a gift bag. Jason had to run an errand for his mom so he wasn't home yet, but I went to Memere's and played with Kelson until he did. She was sitting up in Memere's chair and playing with her toys in her "other" pretty Valentine's Day dress. So cute. We got Kelson a HUGE V-day Catepillar that we named "catty" (EERS wants it for his girlfriend- lol), and a dog that sings and eers flop up and down (Keri- its similar to the one that I got Belle) Kelson isn't into it yet, but I'm sure in a few months she will be).
Jason got back home and we went up to the house to exchange presents. I opened mine first- course the roses and balloons were adorable- along with the SWEETEST card- and then the gift bag- which I THOUGHT was going to be a nightgown I wanted but it ended up being a pair of .75 carat diamond earrings! I was SOOOOO excited. Last year he bought me .25 carat earrings and I gave them to Kelson- just recently. So now mommy has some diamond earrings too. I'll take a picture of the two DIAMOND DOLLS (reference to Chipmunk movie) and post it :)Thank you baby for my wonderful V-day presents- I LOVED THEM!
It was time for Jason's present- because I consider this holiday to mostly be about the girl- I didn't go all out like he did- hehe! I just got him the aristocrats dvd, fuzzy handcuffs (as a joke), Tonight and Not Tonight pillows (another joke), chocolate covered pretzels, and gel window clings that say "Text Me" (as another joke). He was happy with his presents, but sad that we didn't get to use the TONIGHT pillow or FUZZY Handcuffs lastnight - hehe- Kelson was very fussy :) I think she's about to break skin..... teefy time! She would fall asleep in my arms in our bed and we tried to put her down in her crib, she was NOT having it. We tried letting her cry it out, but we couldn't stand it. So we did this twice during the night. Around 5she finally laid in her own crib- after I held her hand while she drifted to sleep. So needless to say- I'm a little sleepy today.

Jason and Memere made "Chicken Enchiladas" lastnight while I tended to Kelson- although we had a babysitter, I wasn't about to fight the crowds for a dinner, especially since my hubby is an AWESOME cook. I didn't really want to leave Kelson either. We are going to have a romantic dinner possibly Sat night. Althought it wasn't the MOST romantic Valentine- It was a GREAT day and I will always remember it, esp since it was Kelson's first one and her 6 month bday! Thank you family! Love you!

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Very sweet! Nice present too! :)

Teething sucks. :( Did you try Baby Orajel? Corgan HATES the taste of it, but once he gets past that it makes him feel much better very fast. Be sure to give her some pain meds too (Tylenol).

Unknown said...

Kell, You and J are awesome parents and made a wise choice in spending your daughters first Valentines with her. Good job on the earrings! I'm so sorry that sweet pea is teething but its definitely going to be a good thing in the end. She's going to have a beautiful smile!