Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Harder the second time

Since Sat night, Lucy watched Kelson I didn't get a chance to try the process again, nor Sunday- cause she had already fallen asleep while I was at Jeannette's house. SOO.. I decided to try again last night. I fed her some Apple Chicken- she LOVED it Keri- thanks for the mixed food advice, gave her a bath, danced to some Lullaby music for 15 min or so, gave her a bottle and decided it was time for bed around 8:45pm. Jason was home this time, so I knew he would be struggling, but I made him hold back from going in her room. So she did the same thing as the first time- cried her eyes out for 5 min straight- went back in there- did my thing- and then walked back out- again- screamed for another 5 min- worse than the first time. Jason was pacing, but I told him just to go do something. So the third time I went in there and she was really hot- from screaming, so I scooted her into another position and she let out her SIGH and I knew she was about to fall asleep. So I brushed her face with my hand and rubbed her hand and she was almost asleep so i walked out and WA LA... she was out for the night. I just smiled at Jason- as I got into bed. He said, "WHATEVER" in a sweet sarcastic- your the best- voice.
She woke up around 7:45 this morning! I'm so proud of my little girl!!!

It was def harder this time since Jason was home and I wasn't too sure if she was REALLY tired, but I guess she was and he did great too. I think she'll be going to sleep on her own in no time.

BTW- Kelson signed either "light" or "milk" lastnight. I couldn't tell cause was drinking milk, but looking at the lights in the livingroom. She LOVES when I sign "light" and put her close to one, so maybe she picked that up quicker. But the milk sign seemed so perfect, so who knows. At least she's trying to talk.

No comments: