Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stick to it...

Well I tried the "cry it out" method lastnight. Jason is on the road, so I figured lastnight was the best time to start. He doesn't handle Kelson crying & screaming very well. Well I got her all fed and changed and laid her down around 10:15. I patted her had, kissed her, and said goodnight Kelson, be a big girl and go to bed. Well that didn't last long. Within seconds she was screaming and crying again. I waited 5 minutes to go back in there. So I returned and did the same process- kisses, patting, and pacifier back into the mouth. Reassured her that mommy was in the next room and that I loved her. I walked back out and within a minute again she was screaming/crying. This time I grabbed my "week by week" book to make sure that I was doing the right things and in fact I was. So I went back in (after 5 more min)and she calmed down immediatly and let out a big SIGH and I could tell she was about asleep. That last attempt I ALMOST picked her up- she was crying so hard and reaching for me (I teared up), but knew it would ruin it. So I rubbed her hand and she started drifting to sleep. I walked out and IT WAS SILENT. She had fallen to sleep, so it took about 3 times of reassuring her I wasn't gone and around 30 min, but we had successfully put her to sleep awake. Tonight well try again. I'll let ya know how it goes.



Today is Memere and Bobfather's bdays!!!Happy Bday- we love you very much!!!

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

It's definitely not easy to hear your baby crying, but it'll be SO worth it for both you (and Jason) and her! You're doing a good thing for all of you, and she'll be putting herself to sleep before you know it. Zzzzzzzz!

Joan said...

Don't they look like wonderful grandparent. Bet they didn't know what they were missing until Kelson came into there life. Grandbabies are great!