Tuesday, October 9, 2012

11 Months Old "PITA PAN" and TINK Kelson

Apparently I've been slacking- just realized I missed posting a few months :( living the life of a full-time working mom, wife of two kids, and a supporting my talented musician husband takes a lot of time. Its ok though, good thing about blogs is you can catch up in one post.

Janson aka PITA (Pain in the A$$) Pan is his new nickname- we mean it in the sweetest way- he's just into everything and wants to be going going going all of the time. I wouldnt' trade him for anything, but whew is he a handful. i can't believe my baby is 11 months old already- time is flying by. For his first bday we are talking about having a WHO-ville themed party for him. Since we have the luxury that his bday falls on November 1st (the day we put up our Christmas tree) it would be a neat theme for his bday. He still has only 8 teeth, which is quite a bit considering at 6 months he only had 1 or 2. He is signing a few things now: More, bath, puppy, so smart, touchdown, light (just started that one). He has a few gestures that he has made up that we notice: starts to say UH-OH, but just says uh uh... no oh yet when he drops something, copies Kelson with the "EEEE" face- makes a fist and holds out the other hand (its hilarious). His smile and personality light up our lives. Him and Kelson looked a lot alike as babies, but he is starting to get his own look. Kelson has really started playing a lot with him now that he's not just a newborn anymore and likes to do things. She is a WONDERFUL big sister to him.
He's pretty much eating table food now- no more baby food- don't blame him there. Been drinking his ORGANIC (thx to Keri) vitamin D milk now. His favorite foods are noodles, banana, cookie treats, bread, yogurt, pizza crust, and as long as it doesnt' have a weird texture he will try almost anything.
Everything goes STRAIGHT into his mouth... again- he's into everything. Has had a few bumps and bruises, but nothing major. He is determined to stand up on his own and walk. This past weekend he finally learned how to crawl on all fours instead of doing the "army scoot"- we were calling him scooter. He finally grasped it when I put him in the grass outside then I turned around and saw him actually crawling- he's a smart little man- then yesterday, on Weeza's bday he was walking with his wagon all by himself we were all getting dinner and he just started walking with it. He's such a determined boy. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts walking on his own in a few weeks.
As far as sleeping- he is sleeping an average of 9-10 hrs per night, with an occasional wake up during the night. Sometimes he just isn't tired and wants to play a little longer. We've been trying to get both kids into bed around 8pm to give us a little "US" time, but it doesn't always happen. Kelson and Janson both like to snuggle and be with mom and dad in their bed- can't blame em :) PITA PAN is such a sweet little boy and I look forward to going home every day after work to see my precious babies and great "mr. mom" husband.
Kelson- our big kindergarten girl is doing very well. She loves Asbury and goes M-F 9am-1pm and loves her school. Her teacher this year is Miss Kenney. She gets to see Miss Carla a lot too and they all seem to really love Kelson. They always mention her beautiful personality and smile :) Next year she will go to Endeavor, public school, but I have a few friends who kids attend it and they really like it, so we shall see. I'm a little nervous about it, but I know it will be fine once we get the routine going. We are spoiled by the 9am school start time.

We went to the Madison Street Festival this past weekend and she got her face pained like a fairy- she's such a pretty little girl and I love that she is so well mannered- people comment on her all of the time- makes a mommy proud. She has such a huge heart and she gets very upset if you are upset with her or dissapointed- its a great quality to have. She started taking dance @ Southern Sensations in Sept and so far is doing really well. We're not allowed to attend the classes (its a drop off kind of thing) so I assume she is behaving and catching on well. She doesnt' tell me much about the class. We are still attending the little gym for gymnastics too. She seems to be alittle older than most of the kids and advanced, but she still loves the opportunity to jump around, swing from things, and do cartwheels (which she does VERY well now). I'm looking into signing her up for piano then some vocal lessons maybe next summer after dance and softball will be over. Don't want to overwhelm her :)

Other than that- life is the same. Heartland released a new single and it seems to be doing ok. Jason's voice is still "in work" and we are still trying to figure out the right botox dosage to best fit his need. Its been a little stressful, but his great band members and supporting family have been wonderful. I'm still working at Boeing, Business Development, I really am enjoying this line of work. Hope to try to work myself up to a P4 in the next year or so ;)
I'm still in braces and have an appt Thurs so I think this appt will fix my bottom teeth to get em super straight- the tops are straight already and they look great. I don't see how people wear braces for years and years- UGGG. Bless em! I'm still working on losing weight. I'm about where I was when the biggest loser contest ended in July, (185) so I really hope to lose another 25lbs. I've told Kelson that when I get home from work she needs to encourage me to get on the elliptical or go for a walk with the kids- we did a stroller ride in our neighborhood a few weeks ago (the weather was gorgeous) and both kids had a GREAT time. It was a good workout pushing that stroller too. Well fingers crossed that I continue with my motivation.

No comments: