Monday, December 5, 2011

Month 1- tummy time and prune juice


Kelson LOVES her little brother. She touches and kisses all over him all the time. She has asked many times to hold him and feed him- which lasts about 2 min, but at least she's showing interest in him. I've really tried to share my time between the two kids so she doesn't feel the baby is more important. She's been wonderful with helping us with him and keeping him happy. The age difference is perfect. She's been staying in her bed and minding us so well- I'm proud of my little girl. As you can see, daddy has them started early as WV fans. No matter what I hope they always remain close like me and my siblings are.

Well my poor little man's tummy started bothering him a couple weeks after he was born (very tight and kept pulling his legs up). So since it was Thanksgiving time and my two doula's were there, I asked their opinion. I thought maybe since I was nursing there was something I was eating, but I wasn't eating anything weird or unhealthy, so I'm not sure what caused him to be in pain. I decided to try to supplement with some formula so we could see if that made a difference. It did. I was still nursing, but only half the time. After the tummy issues went away, then he started acting constipated :( So I ended up calling the pediatrician on call and they told me to try a stool softner, so with Chantell leading the pack she did that and within a few min he pooped. It was a huge HARD poop. It hurt my little boy. It was sad to watch. He just never seemed at ease or comfortable. AFter this happened and I discovered prune juice in his bottle we've had no problems and he's one happy baby. I'm just glad that I had help and the Internet to find out the best remedy for him. So now he is on sesitive formula full time (nursed for a month- hey, at least its something) with prune juice. He is eating somewhere between 5-6oz already. He's a hungry boy :) He's had some spitting up issues, but nothing we can't handle. He sleeps on and off for about 3-4 hours at a time right now. Its great!

No comments: