Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Like mother like daughter

I'm sooo excited-- I just signed Kelson up for T-ball this spring/summer. She was really excited too when I told her the good news. I thought she wouldn't be able to play for another year or so, but a friend of mine found out that Palmer Park, where I grew up playing softball, was taking kids at 4 years old. I offered to assistant coach, if needed. Asked what 3 things made me a good coach: 1) strong knowledge of the sport 2) playing in college 3) love kids and its just fun to play. I said that I had no experience coaching, but wouldn't mind helping out if needed. I can't wait to see little Kelson in her ball uniform. Well see if she takes to the sport like I did. Thanks to my mom and dad telling me I wasn't going to sit indoors all summer when we moved to Hsv in 89. It all started there. Annabelle and Corgan have been playing since last spring and Kelson has asked why she couldn't, guess they start em early in FL, so when I told her she was going to "run fast" (in the voice of Keith Donald) she was really excited! Course, mommy is too. Stay tuned! Oh- I suggested team names : Pirates (since we love pirates), Rangers (since my dad played Minor league ball for the Texas Rangers), or Marlins (Florida team that I've seen play a few times).

No comments: