Friday, June 12, 2009

Kyle and Renee's Wedding Engagement Party


Aline and I hosted an Engagement Party for Kyle and Renee on June 6th. We weren't sure if we were gonna have it at her house or the Cave, but since her house was being remodeled that left the Cave. Knowing Kyle and his friends I figured they would enjoy the Cave anyways. Renee's mom and stepdad- Yvonne and John showed up first- sadly I wasn't ready by the time they arrived at 5 :) Imagine that. It was a "tool and gadget" theme party.

I had Summer, Stacey's sister, make the cake- she did such a great job. It looked like a tool box and the tools were cookies. It was so cute and yummy. Kyle's best man and Renee's maid of honor made the party too, so I was glad they were able to join in the fun. I'm not sure if they are having anymore parties/showers, so I was honored to be able to do this for them. There ended up being around 35+ people there for the party. We had meatballs, buffalo chicken dip, and choc dipped strawberries for appetizers. The main meal was pulled pork bbq sandwiches with a hot potato bar. My sis in law Theana was such a HUGE help me to. I couldn't of done all of it without her.
We played "The Newlywed game"- this was lots of fun. We had four couples playing and I think overall everyone did rather well. Aline and George ended up winning the game. We found out that Renee and her mom have the same "making love" food in their fridge- haha. I wish I could have recorded this, but I only had so much help. Jason was playing at a pool party so he wasn't able to be at the party the whole time, but he made it for some of it. I had another game for us to play, but by that time people just wanted to hang out and mingle. The game was called "Kiss the Bride's Ass"- it was a pic of Kyle on a donkey's body. Its similar to "Pin the tail on the donkey", but with this game everyone would be blindfolded, wear lipstick, do a couple of turns, and then try to kiss the donkey's rear-end. Haha! I was sad that we didn't get to play- since I know several of those people would have TOTALLY missed the target, but Kyle got to keep the picture as a souviener. I don't think I even took a picture of it :( Oh well. We had a toast with some champagne that mom had bought. I was trying to convince someone from the bridal party to give a toast, but they weren't prepared and plus I figured they wanted to save it for the wedding. So I just toasted them happiness. The night ended up with Kyle's friends having a 40 yard dash competition. Some ended up in only underwear- which I told one of them was slowing them down- haha! Leave it to me, right? Haha. About 20 of us ended up in the cave singing songs, watching the guys playing guitar, singing, etc.. I got up and sang a few songs and did some harmony. Even Kyle got up and sang some Dave Matthews band- "Crash". I was shocked at how well he did- last time I heard him sing he was around 12 and singing "Chattahoochee"- LOL. We all went to bed around 3am- even my parents. Everything was a monster hit and I had several people tell me this was the best engagement party they had ever been to :) All the hard work paid off. Congrats to Kyle and Renee. See you in November for your wedding!!!! Love you guys! More Engagement Pics

1 comment:

Keri Donald said...

I wish I could have been there! It really sounds like it was a blast!

They'll be married before we know it! Hard to believe!