Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sister Europe Trip- May 3, 2009- PARIS: LAST DAY

We got up rather early since we knew we had lots to do before leaving for the states tomorrow, so we got up and I called Jason (knowing it was 5:30am back home- but it was Sat and I thought I would see if the CAVE party was still jumping, and you would never believe it, but it was-lol)  So I talked to Jason for 15 minutes or so before heading to the Eiffel Tower Tour. He was so happy to hear my voice and glad that I called. It was weird that he was about to go to bed and I was about to head out for the day. I told him to give Kelson kisses from me and that I would see them Monday night. I couldn’t believe that it was almost time to leave already. So Keri and I got into our “walking/tourists” shoes and stepped to it. We wanted to go to the top (since she wasn’t able to last time her and Keith were there). BUT not before stopping to get a crepe- Keri grabbed us a chocolate banana one while I stood in line- it was even better than the apple one. There were several people asking for money (I guess they know that’s where tourists hang out) and I saw guards carrying guns- kind of scary. The Eiffel Tower is really huge when you get up close. There were LOTS of steps there too. We got some cute pics from the very top overlooking Paris. It was very cold and windy. We got our fill and were ready for the next adventure. I’d been craving some French Onion soup for a while, so we stopped by a shop to get some- along with some more food. We were burning calories faster than we could take them in. I wasn’t too worried about eating bad since we were walking so much. We got a pic of our bill because we ordered the cheese sampler (we loved their cheese) and it was labeled as “grande ass formages”- haha! We thought that was pretty funny. Another thing- in Europe they don’t normally tip, so that was a weird concept to pick up since we are so used to tipping. Surprisingly, the service was still very good. At the upper scale restaurants, they do expect tips though so sometimes it’s hard to tell. Well it was time to get going... but we had to use the bathroom before we left. This restaurant charged to lock the door on the bathroom stall- weird huh? So Keri and I just held the door ourselves to save some money.
We walked by the SPACE NEEDLE THINGY (cannot remember the name of it), then headed towards the biggest/more expensive shops- we didn’t do much shopping- by this time- we were pretty worn out from the WHOLE vacation. We did find a Disney store, so I bought Kelson a Paris Disney globe- I forgot they had a Disney in Paris. We headed down to see what other shops we could find and ended up switching shoes and sat in a book store for an hour or so trying to find some cute kid “French” books. Before we left we saw the Arc de Triomphe. It was huge too. Well the day was almost over, so we went to the local grocery store (no Wal-Mart ) and got some chocolate to bring home and found that wine that we drank at the fancy restaurant. We went back to the apt, organized our luggage, and made some soup that we had bought and ate our leftover sandwiches from lunch. It was funny that we didn’t go out to eat but we were so exhausted we just wanted to hang out and watch TV. We had a big day ahead of us.PARIS- LAST DAY

No comments: