Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sister Europe Trip- May 2, 2009- PARIS: WE BE TOURING


My sister and I were pumped about getting up early to grab a crepe (had an apple one-yum) and a cappuccino before hitting the “Paris flea market”. I had never even heard about it being known for something like that, but it was on Keri’s list of things to do and the tourist book recommended it. We found some really great souvenirs and did some bargaining too. The “European” look was scarves, jeans tucked into hooker boots, and designer jackets. Keri and I both found a pair of boots for less than 20 Euro that we both really liked and were actually comfortable. They had a really nice leather jacket that I wanted, but I just couldn’t see spending that kind of money on a jacket- Around 200 Euros. We did lots of clothes shopping for our kids and got a few “European” style outfits for ourselves. It was a lot of fun hanging/shopping with Keri. They have some a fun and unique style over there. Keri is VERY into antiques so we went through a few buildings full, but most of the stuff was WAY overpriced (as much as some of our cars), so we just browsed through. They had some really cool stuff. We were getting pretty hungry so we went and split a pizza- again- delicious- the Europeans sure know how to cook. We did a little more shopping- I even bought a carry on piece of luggage so I would have enough room to bring my stuff home in. I knew it was towards the end of the trip so there wasn’t too much more lugging around the luggage and I had to get it home somehow.
We went back to the room to put all our bags away. While we were resting & catching up on facebook, Keri found a way to get the TV to English speaking channels- I was so happy to hear some shows in English. After catching up on things, we headed to Notre Dame- although we had already seen it; we wanted to see it at night. It was gorgeous. We got some fellow Americans to get a picture of us in front of it. We walked up and down the streets and found a few back roads that had some yummy food, ice cream- gelato (I didn’t find it THAT great, but it was good)- and more shops. They had a few bar/restaurants that look like they were hopping. One place had bras hanging from the ceiling fans. That’s my kind of place, but we were too busy to stop  They had a karaoke bar- which reminds me-all Europeans LOVE American music- that’s all we heard and a cool piano bar. Keri got in line for another crepe- but this time a breakfast crepe and I had a gyro- that was DELISH and covered in mayo- too much mayo, but it was still good. French love their mayonnaise. We went and checked out Notre Dame again- but this time at night- it was gorgeous. Def worth it to go see it at night. Well we had more sightseeing to do, so we headed on the Metro toward Moulin Rouge- we didn’t attend the show, but we got a picture of us in front of building and walked down the streets. There were peep shows, sex shops, and topless bars EVERYWHERE on this street. As we were walking along, there was a sex museum and in the window was a chair that had a circulating tongue on it. Ha-ha! You can’t help but laugh at that one. Our next stop was the Sacre Coeur. This was the LONGEST walk EVER from where we were to get to it. There were lots of hills and steps. I kept getting frustrated- by this time I was exhausted and didn’t care to see it anymore, but Keri pushed me  After what seemed like a marathon, we got there, and got some beautiful pics. The view of Paris was very cool and you could see most of the places we had been from that church. We had a long way back to the apt, so we headed back. On our way back down, we saw a VERY drunk guy and his buddy attempting to walk him down a “rocky balboa flight of stairs”- it was hilarious. I never imagined he would make it without tumbling over. Keri and I made it back safely and hit the pillows right away. I wanted to talk to Kelson and Jason, but our Internet at home wasn’t working so no Skyping  Plus the 6 hour time difference really threw things off. We were staying so busy that it was hard to find time to communicate with our families back home.
PARIS- Day 2

No comments: