Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Kelly Albert Graham-Bell

Being a new mommy- I came up with two new inventions that I think they should create or I myself will get a patent for- hehe! I think they are pretty clever. No one steal my idea :)

I've been analyzing this first one since I saw the episode on Oprah where a mom left her baby in the car seat while at work- the baby was sleeping and the mom was in a rush and forgot she was in the car- so unfortunatly the baby died. I could NEVER imagine having to go through something like this. So I came up with the idea of having a sensor type thing installed in your car or already installed with newer vehicles that beeps when you get out of the car to let you know that there is WEIGHT in the car seat. I know somehow this can be done- in my Santa Fe if no one is sitting in the passenger side the air bags know not to deploy- there is a weight sensor in the seat, so I think the same thing could happen for a child car seat. The only concern I had was the weight of the car seat alone- how that could tell a difference in whether a child was in the seat or not. But then again- if your car beeped everytime you got out- even if your child wasn't in the car, wouldn't it get you in the habit to look for them!!!! :) I know if anything beeps when I get out- I look to see what the problem is.

My second invention I came up with lastnight. Kelson started crying during the night- she usually wakes up during the night if she's either lost her pacifier or wants to be rocked, so I went in her room- unable to see much of anything- searching for her pacifier in her crib, but couldn't see, so I had to turn on her mobile for light. So once I found it I rocked her and thought of this next invention. A pacifier that blinks red when a baby cries. This would be most beneficial at night when you can't see and you don't want to turn the lights on to wake the baby. Also, this will teach the babies to find their own pacifier at night and eliminate one step for the sleeping moms.

I'm pretty excited about my two ideas!!! Maybe I'll take it on the Next American Inventor show ;)

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love the passey idea. Dylan still sleeps with a passey and now that his crib bumper is gone, his passy falls out and goes under the crib or gets lost in the blankets. We were getting up like every night to find it a few times a night. We got him a smaller passy clip and just attach the passy to his PJs. That has helped 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time he yells that his passy clip came off his shirt! Oh well! It is better than nothing!

Louise said...

Kelly, I love the blinking pacifier idea. I think that would work.
Let hope that everyone has learned from that poor parent that left that baby in the car seat. I would hope that would never happen again. The sense idea sounds like that would work.
Love Ya Weeza