Monday, September 29, 2008

Boeing's Company Picnic


Kelson, Grammy, and I went to Boeing's picnic this past Sat morning/afternoon- we had such a wonderful time. (Jason wanted to stay home and watch lots of college football). I have been to two previous picnic's (sang at one) and then didn't have my own kids, so it was kinda boring. Now having Kelson I wanted to try it out and boy was I glad I did. Kelson is walking so good now, so it was easy to let her roam and explore everything. We managed to do a lot in a few hours. They had hamburgers, hot dogs, and beans- very good- we ate first thing when we got there. Then we made our way to the bubble machine (this was Kelson's favorite thing). She even said Bubble. We talked about bubbles before in her bath tub and I read about bubbles to her in her "Water Water Everywhere" book, but I think she REALLY started to understand what they were. Grammy and Papa babysat Kelson the night before and played with their neighbor's little boy, Will, (who also had bubbles) so she got a double dosage. Its so cute to see her really pronounce the B in bubble. Sweetness. Anyways, so we continued our adventure and went to the HUGE blow-up obstacle course. I had to climb some walls (sweat) , then I would jump some with Kelson in one area, then pass to her mom (over the side) and climb to the next part (pass her over again) and etc... until we got to the slide and we went down that and she squeeled- she loved it. Course she signed more, but there was no way I could go through all that again just for the slide. haha. I was sweating (good workout)- I guess I could add that to my traineo website ;) hehe.
>Anyways, then we saw a few clowns- which they would have her touch their red noses and then push their noise honkers- she loved that and of course signed more more please :) She wasn't afraid of them at all- like her daddy was of Ronald McDonald :) Chi Chi the clown made her a cute poodle balloon. She swung on the swing set, went up and down the playground slides, climb a rock toy, got a squishy football for momma making two baskets on the basketball shooting game. Grammy played the basketball game and won a football keychain. They were playing music too so she would stop to dance and smiling from ear to ear. They had some face paiting and air brush tattoos, but the lines were long. There were lots of other kids there so Kelson loved that. She always wants to reach for them and pet em... and says belle. haha. She was started to get sleepy, so we were gonna leave and then remembered they had ice cream. Kelson is now a HUGE fan of the orange sherbet push pops. She had almost 2 by herself. It was everywhere. I'm so glad that we went and that Grammy got to join- she helped so much and we had lots of fun with her. As soon as we got her strapped in and headed home the angel had fallen asleep. She had such a GREAT time. We will definitely be going again next year.
Boeing Picnic Pics

2 comments:

ljkolumbus said...

Grammy had a fun time too! Thanks for inviting me.. she was so much fun -

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much she is growing. She really is starting to develop her own little personality. She really said "bubbles?" That's a pretty big word! Is she signing that all ready? lol