Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I still got it!!!!

I went and played a game of co-ed softball yesterday with the people from Crestwood. They needed an extra girl and asked me if I could do it. Of course it being 95 degrees and a while since I had played I wasn't sure if I wanted to do it. Luckily I was in OK shape to play, but I knew it would still be odd since it had been a while. Well we lost- haha, but I was 4 for 4, did a face dive back to second to avoid being tagged out, caught an outfield fly, and slide into 3rd. So needless to say... I still got it!!! After all that non-stop running and going back and forth- now I remember why I was in such good shape in high school and college :) It was a lot of fun- I'm glad that I got the chance to play.

ALTHOUGH... my leg is pretty scrapped up from sliding... no cute dresses or skirts for a while :) I'm remembering how bad those hurt too! hehe.

3 comments:

ljkolumbus said...

I never doubted you for a second! Maybe they will ask you again when the weather is cooler and the entire family can come out and watch "Mommy" play ball!! Go Girl!

Keri Donald said...

Fun, fun, fun! Kinda like riding a bike; huh? Except that you don't have to be in as good shape to ride a bike. :) Go Kel!

Louise said...

Yes that leg look pretty bad. You play you pay. Good job girl.