Tuesday, August 19, 2008

1 yr checkup at the dr's office= A-OK

Kelson had her 1 yr old checkup yesterday and Dr. Zbell said she is PERFECTLY HEALTHY :) She is now 21 lbs 9 oz (60%),and 30" tall (75%)- could be 5'7.5 to 5'8. She still has a little cough from the leftover croop biz but she said it will go away on its own. We were showing the nurse how many signs Kelson knew and she was just showing them off one after another, so after she took her measurements, she brought in another nurse to show her- and again- she showed off :) That's my girl! They were both REALLY impressed. I was shocked that working in a pediatric office that they hadn't seen a baby do that before. She told me that I need to teach signing ;) Aww. Made me feel really good. I also talked french to her and she responded- they were in shock- hehe! Makes me feel good to know that my baby is so unique- just like her name :)

She had to get TWO more shots :( It killed Jason to stay in the room this time- he said no more- so looks like I'll be taking her to the dr's from now on. She didn't cry but for a minute or so. Jason teared up too. Poor guy. It is a sad experience, but you know its for their own good.

She told us that we can start giving her Vitamin D milk now and eliminate the formula. OMG- my baby girl IS growing up :( So I asked if we should give it to her in a sippy cup or bottle. She said sippy cup. I think before her bedtime I will still give her the Vit D milk in a bottle (warm). I don't want to give up that mommy-daughter moment yet. We can also turn her seat around now :) YEA!!! We are gonna go buy that this week- after Jason gets back from his acoustic show in Cali. I can't wait- we got some gift cards from Babies R Us for Kelson's bday so that will go towards the car seat. Speaking of Kelson's bday. OMG- we had a blast. I'm uploading pics, so once those are done, I'll write all about it. It turned out great!

2 comments:

ljkolumbus said...

This grammy has the 3 smartest grandbabies in the world (and the cutest too)!!! We are so very blessed with our 3 awesome children and now these 3 perfect grandchildren!!

Allison said...

yay for a good check up but I am waiting for birthday pictures! Come on mom, what else do you have to do?!!!