Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Poor baby!!!

Poor Kelson has been running a low grade fever (well I didn't think it was low), but apparently when babies run a high temperature its ok until it gets to 104 or 105. I NEVER knew that before. Since Kelson's never had a fever when she was teething before I wasn't sure what it was. Anyways, she was up and down all weekend- mostly high temp- around 102-103, so I called the pediatrician and they said she's prob teething- which I did see a little white speck on her top gums. So if she got worse to call them. The thing is- she never ACTED like she had a fever until Sunday. Since Belle Belle was sick before we left FL- I was wondering if she caught whatever she had. I gave her a little bit of Xango in her juice to help if there was infection. We switched between giving her Tylenol and ibuprofen. I also put some baby Orajel on her gums- which seemed to help. She was still drinking and eating like normal, so I knew it wasn't too severe. Well yesterday and this morning Kelson is doing MUCH better and her fever seems to be gone. i didn't notice that she was drooling quite a bit. So i guess it was just a teething stage. I just can't stand to see my bubbly girl not feeling well. We had a Memorial Day cookout and she wasn't her normal self and it just killed my heart. She took a 3 hour nap yesterday, so i think it helped. But I'm happy to report that she is doing just fine now!

2 comments:

ljkolumbus said...

Yes, our sweetheart was trying to be her 'happy' self but her eyes just looked 'tired' although she had just taken a nap. Cute story, I was feeding her dinner, including mac & cheese, she was finished and let me know it. Papa brought in some banana pudding so I thought she'd like that.. put a bite into her mouth.. she started to spit it out thinking it was more M&C and then got the taste and quickly tried to get it back into her mouth :) So funny!! she is such a sweetie.

Keri Donald said...

I bet she did get what Annabelle had. Corgan got it last weekend too with 102-103 fevers. And... I don't know what your ped is saying... that's too high for a teething fever. Anywhere that I've looked says over 101 is when you should start to worry/investigate the cause. This time around it was probably the virus and teething (Corgan was teething too) which they couldn't do anything about anyway, but I'm surprised that they said 103 was nothing to worry about. :S