Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Baby Dedication/Happy Mother's Day


I'm just getting around to write about this day. What a wonderful day! We went to Pineview Family Church for Kelson's baby dedication. Bro Joey had each couple come up with their child and he asked us three questions pertaining to promising to have God involved in their lives. It was very sweet. Bro Joey made mention that Jason was lead singer of Heartland. He joked that he had cold feet and didn't want to sing at church, but would do it in front of thousands. I had asked Jason if he would sing a few days prior, but I guess Mike wasn't available to play. After the questions he had our family members gather around us to pray for us and to help guide us is a positive direction. It felt really good doing this for our family. The church gave Kelson a pink new testament bible. Very cute. We enjoyed the church service and got some pics with Joey afterwards.
After church, we went home and had sandwhiches and just enjoyed the time together and hung out with everyone. The girls watched the movie "27 dresses"- it was pretty cute. Guys did their thing. The mothers got flowers from my mom and dad and Adrienne bought some for the mother's too. We all had a wonderful dinner that Jason made- turkey, country style ribs, potato salad (thanks Nin), and a cabbage/mushroom Emeril recipe dish. All was delish. We opened our presents. I gave both mother's a "Kelson" pocket photo book (pics of her from the beginning to the most recent). They LOVED them. I added a few of Corgan and Belle into mom's book. I got a very sweet card from Kelson- Care Bears card- and a sweet one from my hubby too. Daddy went and grabbed a Dairy Queen Ice Cream cake- it was very good. It was a wonderful 1st Mother's Day. Yesterday, after work I got home and there was a gorgeous tree- crape myrtle that Jason and Kelson got me. Its to help me remember my FIRST Mother's Day. How sweet! Going to plant it somewhere special and after it blooms, I'll take pics for you all to see.

Baby Dedication/Mother's Day Pics

2 comments:

Stacey Morgan Smith said...

sounds like a wonderful mothers day! Mine was great too! I will see you at the gym tomorrow! Send me a time on my phone and I will be there! Love you!

Louise said...

Going to church to see Kelson being dedicated was real nice. Elliot and I were very glad to be a pair of her life. We are truely blessed. It was a great day. Jason prepared a great dinner. Thanks to Jason, he is such a great cook. The flowers from Adrienne were beautiful. Fun had by all. I hear from both Christopher, Tabatha, Adam and Charity. Adam woke me up at 7:30 to wish me a happt mothers day. He wanted to be the first.