Friday, April 4, 2008

What is this world coming to???

I went to the gym yesterday and normally turn on my ipod and boogie to the songs, but Oprah was on and the show was about a man that was having a baby. Immediately I stopped and turned the ipod to hear what this was all about. I have to admit that I was pretty grossed out- esp by the pics of the man (shirtless and pregnant) and his wife behind him in the picture holding his stomach. He was hairy and it was just weird!
Well come to find out THOMAS used to be Tracy. So apparently He is still a she, but has taken some testosterone to grow hair and had some minor surgery to remove his/her breasts. The testosterone has caused her private area to swell and grow into a little pee pee. Which also freaks me out and he mentioned that he is able to have intercourse with his wife. He said - size doesn't matter right? Of course the whole crowd laughed. So anyways, I guess since Thomas still has her womb, she is able to be pregnant. They interviewed neighbors, families, etc.. most were ok with it, but I'm still a little freaked out by it.
THEN.. I quit watching and turned on my ipod and the song "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera was on and I started tearing up thinking about the words and watching the tv about that couple and then I had remorse for thinking they were weirdos. As long as they are happy and that baby is healthy and happy- its their life.

What do you guys think?

Pregnant Man Link to Oprah's Homepage

2 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Wow... that is crazy! That's the first that I've heard of that. I can see how you were freaked out by it... "he" definitely looks like a he. Was "he" the one to get pregnant because his wife couldn't?

I agree. It's a strange situation, but as long as they are happy and the child is raised up in a loving family, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Unknown said...

I saw enough of the show to make me turn it!