Monday, April 7, 2008

Down the shoot...

Had a fun-filled weekend UNTIL I lost my wedding band in the toilet :( Went out with some friends Sat night and I had to use the potty and my dang wedding band slipped right off my finger and into the toilet. I then realized the toilet was an automatic flush and tried not to move, but when I tried to reach in, they trigger went off and the ring was GONE. I freaked out!!! I bawled like a baby all night. My daddy came and picked me up from the bar to take me home. I tried to call Jason, but since the time difference was way off in Alaska- he was still playing- I left him a message crying. I was so devistated. LUCKILY- it wasn't my engagement ring- just the band. The engagement ring's diamond has been loose so I didn't wear it out- THANK GOD. My wedding band was a little loose on my finger so I guess that's why it slipped off so easily. Jason finally called me and told me everything was alright and that it was an accident. Daddy took good care of his little girl- he made me a grilled cheese sandwhich and rubbed my head till I fell asleep- what a GREAT daddy!
I can't believe how devistated I was. I know that the most valuable thing is still there- no matter what- but it was horrible. I'm horrible with jewelry so i knew it would happen sometime, but not so soon ;) I'm mean our 4 yr anniversary is next month! I guess we have to get another one sometime, but no rush since it was kinda expensive. I have what really matters so the jewelry can wait :)

3 comments:

Keri Donald said...

Oh my gosh Kel! I get sick to my stomach just thinking about your ring... I'm sure you do too! That really sucks (one to add to my list; huh?)! You're right though... the irreplaceable things are still there so things will be okay.

Still... UGH!

ljkolumbus said...

I know that feeling.. that's the way I felt when I looked down at my wedding ring and saw the four empty prongs :( So sad.. but life has gone on .. my Gary and my family are still here and now I don't even think about it. I know it hurts you now, but you have Jason and Kelson and so many others that love you and that is what is important.. and I know you know that!! Glad that Daddy was there to help you feel "all better" again!!

Unknown said...

I don't know what your going through but I was with you the morning after it happened and I know how freaked out you were. I know how special that ring was to you.