Monday, April 21, 2008

Hanging with the relatives

This past weekend we had some family come to town for a visit. Aunt Claire, Cousin Rebecca, Rob's parents- Jim and Louise Sims, and a friend of the family, Debbie. We had a great time hanging out with all of them. Thurs night we went to dinner at Casa Blanca- imagine that- hehe- we had to show it off. Jason had to leave Thurs morning, so he didn't get to see them. Friday night we went to Jeannette's for dinner and games. It was a lot of fun. We played Family Feud and my team won- it was me, Brady, mom, aline, lucy, and louise. It was a lot of fun and loud. Kelson was a good girl and slept in the crib upstairs. By the time we were ready to go (around 11) Becca wanted to spend the night, so she did. Kelson woke up when we got her up and she DID NOT want to go back to sleep, so I didn't go to sleep that night till almost 2. Luckily she wasn't too loud- just fussy so Becca got some sleep :) Anyways, Becca and I went and worked out at the gym- it was fun having a partner. My arms are still sore from lifting the free weights. Then we went home- got showers - then we went to look at dead people and trees- hehe. The aunts wanted to go see the dogwood trees at the cemetary, so we did. It was very pretty outside. I saw a few babies tombstones and I immediatly started crying. I couldn't handle that. We were playing a game trying to find the OLDEST grave we could. I think we ended up with someone dying in 1838. The trees were pretty. We had lunch at the Market Street Cafe- in Providence- it was really yummy. Def will go back there again. After all that excitement we went back home and they cooked out. We got to watch Jason's show live on the internet at countrythunder.com. It was awesome to see him perform again. Rebecca and I went out on the town to Sammy's T's to go see David Allan Coe. Good lord that man is homely. He sang for an hour straight- didn't stop to breathe- he was good, but you could tell that he was just hammered. Our buddies band, Backwater, opened for them, so that was fun too. We ended up back home around 2 and I convinced Rebecca to crawl through Lucy and Bob's window to get us some grub. It was hilarious. I just about pissed myself.Neither one of us ate before we left so we were starving. We were trying to be quiet too, and I guess we were since no one knew we were there rading the fridge. So we ate and went to bed. Had coffee and breakfast and they left Sunday afternoon. I didn't do much, but lay around the house taking naps with Kelson. It was very relaxing.

No comments: