Monday, January 28, 2008

Boy how the times are changing...

Well the last couple weekends I have really realized how my "weekend" life has changed since Kelson's arrival. As Lucy and I were walking through bridgestreet - with Kelson in the stroller- and I was shopping for baby clothes around 8pm on a SAT night and I had plans to go home and watch a movie, snuggle with Kelson, and then go to bed around 10:30pm. I knew that things were different. I didn't have ANY desire to go out - even though I have numerous babysitters. Since I still work full-time I don't get to see Kelson as much as I want, so any time I can have with her- I take advantage of. Even last weekend Jason and I went to eat with some old friends and after dinner and a movie we were ready for bed- haha- it was 11pm! But since we don't get much time alone- we went out after, but went home not too long after.

Before I found out I was pregnant, I was in the gym EVERY night- working on my bod-lol. Then my girlfriends and I would plan our weekend earlier in the week. Before I found out I was prego- the last couple of months Stacey and I both were going out together pretty often. Esp since Jason wasn't home most weekends. We were each other's workout and weekend buddies ;) Well after i found out I was prego, of course that had to stop, but I did manage to get out a few times and even was the DD. I owed it to some of my friends after all. Well Stacey got pregnant a few months after me, so we both settled down. We were both laughing at how much things have changed. We used to borrow clothes and jewelry and the other day she borrowed some of my post pregnancy things. It was hilarious! I mentioned how much our lifes had changed in a year. She has TWO little ones now. So needless to say - our lives aren't the same, but I can definitely say its still just as great- just in a different way.

Now don't get me wrong I have gone out and partied and stayed up too late a few times, but most mornings I wake up to "wanting my daughter"- no matter what I feel like. Life is only getting better!

3 comments:

Stacey Morgan Smith said...

Hey girl! I love this post! It is so true! We still have not gotten back into the grove of hanging out like we should, and I feel guilty, but things are so hectic these days! I have your "post-pregnancy thing" to give back to you! haha! I used to not be able to log on to your blog, but today for some reason, I tried it and it worked! I can now keep up with you! I have been goint to the gym again for about a month now! Back in the grove (of that at least!) Loveyou ! stacey

Keri Donald said...

It's only the beginning... :) But it's all worth it!

Unknown said...

Well the going out and partying thing had to come to an end eventually anyway. It becomes OLD! But it is definitely a stress reliever every now and then!! As for the gym, you signed up and thats a start. That shows some inititive. Maybe now we can become workout buddies on the days you decide to go after work I'll just get a double dose of the gym that day. We know it certainly couldn't help! ha ha You'll make it. It's just tough getting back to it but once you do you'll be great! You had spectacular willpower before! And I know you will again. You know I'm your biggest cheerleader.