Thursday, June 14, 2012

Orajel please

Janson cut his second tooth lastnight- not sure if that's when it popped up, but that's when I noticed it. Its next to his other tooth on the bottom. He's been drooling like crazy, but that's nothing new, so I didn't think anything of it. He's still doing really well with sleeping- goes to bed around 8-9pm and gets up around 7-8. Not bad for a 7 month old. He is QUITE the eater- he normally eats around 8 jars of baby food a day and his 2-3 bottles. He's over 20lbs now. He's gonna be a big ole boy! But he's staying fit with his jumperoo- LOL!
So I finally did it and got braces- I have been wanting them since I was a teenager, didn't need em medically so mom didn't make us wear them, don't blame her there. So I finally decided I was going to just do it- so I made an appt with Dr. Amy Thompson for a consult and she said I indeed was a candidate for the clear 6 month smile braces. So I had them do the molds right then. So Monday, June 11th I got them on. Putting them on didn't hurt- little uncomfortable- but nothing I couldn't handle. The worst part was the sound that they make filing/flossing your teeth down- OMG- i almost couldn't handle it- its like nails on a chalkboard- torture. come to find out they are gonna do that each time I go in to get them tightened- good times. Oh well- it is what it is. So they are still sore and very uncomfortable- I still can't believe I finally did it and have to do a double take when I walk past a mirror. Definitly not as cute as a pretty smile, but I'll have it soon enough. How long I have to keep them on is up to my teeth. One patient got them off as early as 3 months, another patient- who works at the office got hers off in 7 months, so it just depends. I'm hoping for 6 months at the longest so I can get them off around Christmas- what a nice present that will be to have beautiful white straight teeth for christmas :) I'm really looking forward to it. Another good thing about getting braces is I can't eat much- just soft foods like soup, yogurt, etc.. so I've lost 1.5lbs since Monday. Since I've been slacking I plan to start working out- between not eating and exercising I should lose 5 lbs/week. I want to win that biggest loser competition and we only have around 1 month left so I have to step it up a notch. The other good thing about getting braces is I can't bite my fingernails, so its a win-win for me :) I'm so excited and can't wait to see the progress.

No comments: