Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tumblebeez... first class


Kelson and I went to our first class this Monday night. It was fun, but a little chaotic. Being an evening class, I think that's why it was sooo loud and crazy. Along with our class at 5:30 there were TWO squads (40+ girls) doing cheers, stunts, and tumbling. A level 1 and level 2 class and various girls tumbling everywhere. It was a little nuts and hard to hear at times. Kelson was more into the cheerleaders and kept trying to watch them and clap when they did- it was adorable. The parents n tot class was pretty basic. The teacher- Miss Penny- set up some wedges and things for the kids to play on and crawl over, etc. Miss Penny helped Kelson with a few forward rolls- and Kelson loved that.
Next we went to the trampoline and that was fun. Kelson couldn't really jump, so I got on there with her and jumped- she seemed to like it. The other two girls in class (who were 3) were having a ball so Kelson liked to watch them jump. The gym had a huge styrophom pit that they use for tumbling. It supports their fall if they are trying a new tumbling pass. I was grabbing Kelson saying Ready- and she said Go then twisting her and falling backward into the pit. She thought this was a lot of fun. At that age all you pretty much do is go and play with them on SAFE stuff for 45min 4 times a month. I'm ok with that ;) I signed Kelson up until May, so we are locked in. They do have a place where parents or friends can watch their kids through the huge window pane.I have several other friends who I'm trying to convince to sign up so we can all go together. one of the girls I actually cheered with, so that would be kinda cool. I have to admit too- seeing the BJHS squad in there made me miss my cheerleading days!!! Overall it was fun and I think the more we go- the more we will like it!!! Tumblebeez

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How could YOUR child not like and be good at this kind of class :) I'm so glad you found something the two of you could enjoy so early on. Maybe the two of you can try a toddler art class in a year or two. My friend Kerri and her kids really enjoyed those.