Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My bad... blonde moment...

Well as many of you know- I was po'd cause the government still hadn't sent us our Stimulus money- which I'm sure they are kicking themselves for giving away that money to the US taxpayers- seeing as the situation we are now in with our economy. ANYWAYS, I called the IRS for a second time and this time the guy was very helpful and basically told me that they received my payment and voucher, but didn't get my actual tax return?!? In the past I've always filed electronically so I guess I assumed that my accountant did that again, but since we owed this year, he didn't. It was an oversight on my part and I'm glad that I realized what the problem was now. So needless to say- I'm now sending in my return- so the IRS contact said once they receive it, that after two weeks well get our stimulus check. Good lord. Just imagine if I hadn't of paid them- boy those interest fees would have been a bitch. They would have just kept the stimulus money. Geesh. Live and you learn!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this the FIRST stimulus check? From a long time a go? Kell, did you know that we are supposed to be getting another one before Bush leaves office?

Louise said...

Way to go blondie........

ljkolumbus said...

You accountant should have still filed the form.. and you paid the check.. I'd give him 'what for' for delaying your stimulus check!! the IRS would have put the two together or he should have told you to send it in with your check.. what's up with him???

Keri Donald said...

Ummm... you're going to owe penalties and interest for filing so late. Don't spend that stimulus check just yet because it may be going back to the IRS. :(